Welcome to the international website for Deaf and for those who desire to work with the Deaf. It is our desire that this website will help foster a sense of international community of fellowship, unity and encouragement as both the Deaf and the hearing participate together in God’s mission. The website is sponsored by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. While its focus is directed towards Seventh-day Adventists around the world, visitors are always welcome. Questions and comments may be made by clicking on the Contact Us link.
Regardless of whether we are deaf or not, the basic principle behind this website is that we are all created in the image of God and that we can find ultimate wholeness, restoration, fulfillment and hope only in Him. We strongly believe that the Deaf have an active part to play in the final sharing of the “everlasting gospel” (Revelation 14:6,7).
Resources and devotionals will change from time to time so do check back.
Larry R Evans, D.Min.
Assistant to the President for Deaf and Special Needs Ministries
General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
The objectives of Adventist Deaf Ministry International and of this website are:
- To connect the Deaf around the world in such a way that an international community of fellowship, unity and encouragement and mission is fostered and developed.
- To connect the hearing who wish to minister with the Deaf with Deaf members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and others who desire such fellowship, while at the same time acquainting the hearing with the unique features of the Deaf culture.
- To provide spiritually strengthening resources for the Deaf.
- To provide a listing of special international events designed especially for the Deaf.
- To share venues where spiritual meetings and church services are held by the Deaf or where Deaf interpretation is provided.